Speaking & Events
Coach Bruce Benko is an expert on Early Childhood Development and dedicated to helping parents, teachers, and caregivers understand The Gymnastics of Love & Discipline, so children can learn through communication and respect.
By allowing adults to see children through his eyes, Coach Bruce exposes:
How our intentions and approaches are being interrupted by children.
Why the learning message is getting missed and replaced with fear.
When a child begins to understand concepts like time, reasoning, and your feelings.
What are age-appropriate developmental practices, and the importance for using them.
Coach Bruce Benko's intention is to help adults create communication techniques and discipline strategies through a simple but powerful, method of speaking and listening that promotes a positive approach when addressing children's behavior.
Understanding the Gymnastics of Love & Discipline
Subject matter includes: The Mistakes & The Problem, When Children Understand Adult Concepts (Time, Reasoning, Your Feelings), Age-Appropriate / Developmental Practices, Classroom Tips, Word Patterns, and Using Child’s Currency, so children can learn by loss of item or privilege.
The Learning Message and Age-Appropriate Developmental Practices
Subject matter includes: Understanding Behavior, Taking Responsibility, Controlling Your Expressions (Voice Tone, Facial Expressions, Body Posture, Hand Jesters), Communication Techniques (When & Then), and Discipline Strategies (currency, walk away please, time to think, placing an act / action back on to the child).
The importance of Gross Motor Development early in life
Subject matter includes: Building Confidence and Self-Esteem, Learning About The Body and How it Works, Understanding our Limitations, and Stimulating the Mind.
* Coach Bruce Benko provides BEHAVIORAL WORKSHOPS for teachers and PARENTING CLASSES (communication and discipline).
Organizations / Schools Coach Bruce Has Presented For:
- National Association for the Education of Young Children (NAEYC & HAAEYC)
- DePelchin Children’s Center (Foster Parent / Staff Training)
- Houston Community College (Education Majors)
- Continuing Christian Education Archdiocese of Galveston-Houston (Educators)
- Directors of Early Childhood Education (Educators)
- U.T. Child Development Center, Saint Thomas Aquinas ELC, The Honor Roll School, Sugar Creek Montessori, and more. (Teachers)
Curriculum’s / Philosophies Coach Bruce Has Studied:
- National Association for the Education of Young Children (NAEYC)
- Innovations – Kay Albrecht Ph.D.
- Touchpoints – T. Berry Brazelton M.D.
- The Reggio Emilia Approach (Italy)
- Maria Montessori
- Adlerian (Individual) Psychology – Alfred Adler
Postings coming soon...