About the Book
Parents often make mistakes with their children because they’re rushed, worried, and already afraid of making mistakes. The Gymnastics of Love & Discipline, A Parental Template for Giving Children a Voice, will help you regain your loving relationship with your child through a simple but powerful, method of speaking and listening. Bruce Benko shares the wisdom he has gained over the course of twenty-five years, teaching more than 10,000 children, counseling thousands of parents, and working with over one-hundred educators, to help parents learn how to implement strategies and techniques that will give their child a Voice—the ability to express their needs and to help them protect themselves with their words.
These same methods also gave Bruce the Power— the ability to react to a child’s behavior in a way that brings understanding, mutual respect, and ultimately, the desired behavior.
Here are some of the simple but powerful tools this book will give you:
- How to stay calm so you can gain your child’s trust
- How to learn from your child’s perspective
- How to learn when your child is scared of you
- How to use Child’s Currency so they learn by loss of items
As well as many other strategies:
- How to persuade your child to tell you the truth
- How to help your child use their words
- How to reach your child when they give you a blank stare
- How to get your child to respond the first time you ask
This is a book written in a no-nonsense style, with plenty of examples and quick references, parents will reach for every time they need guidance.